Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Falcon Lands in Jacksonville


This Beautiful Peregrine Falcon landed in our back yard recently. She perched on a post next to the fence by the next-door neighbor's house (in the background) and I was lucky enough to be able to snap a couple of pictures! :o) It seemed to me that she was posing for the camera, which prompted Mom to think she may have been someone's pet that somehow got loose. She's been seen a few more times in the neighborhood since these pics were taken (about two weeks ago) by both myself and my Dad.

I think she may be relatively young or very well taken care of because she didn't look as though she had been "in the wild" for any length of time. Whatever the case, I think she's a gorgeous creature and I hope and pray she has a L-O-N-G, Happy and Healthy life! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the looks of your BSJ! I can't wait to see how it looks with the garter border on it. It looks like it will be a great success. I hope you share your technique.

Pandaman said...

Hi there - I'll be posting the finished project soon and, YES, it is a Success!! :o)

I'm also in the process of writing up my notes (in a legible format! LOL) and hope to have that posted in a few more days! :o)