Saturday, August 18, 2007

BSJ in Stockinette - Finished!

Finally Finished! I think it came out quite well and I'm itching to cast on another one! LOL The yarn I used for this is called Classic Worsted from Universal Yarn Inc. in colors 647 (Dark Gray) and 651 (White) available at LYS (Local Yarn Shops). This yarn is very similar to Encore by Plymouth Yarns and I like it just as much as the Encore! The only thing is that both of these yarns seem to work up more like a light worsted, in my opinion - but then again it could just be me! LOL :o)

This one is very "boyish", so I'm thinking that the next one I make will be with some Encore I have on hand in more "girly" colors! :o) In the meantime, I'll be writing up how I accomplished this BSJ in Stockinette stitch in a "legible" format! LOL Hopefully, I can get that done sometime over the weekend! :o)

15 comments:

Gail said...

I love it James! You did a fantastic job.
Gail

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! Thanks for doing this!

Mom2Schnauzers

Anonymous said...

James it came out absolutely gorgeous! And, yes, quite "manly". Perfect. It is just right for someone who needs an idea of what to make for a baby boy but doesn't want to go with the "traditional" designs.

I'm looking forward to seeing your "girly" version!

Mariella said...

WOW! Love the colors you chose and the results! Can't wait for the write up :)

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful! Great job!

Yvette said...

James - you clever thing you! Fantastic - I just love it - and I am rushing off to try and do one myself!

Did you do anything special or just use the original pattern?

By the way - did you send a pic of the finished BSJ with the buttons on to show Dave Rundle ? (daverun on ebay)I have sent him a few pics of his buttons on my finished articles and he loves to get them!

with love Y in OZtralia

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sweater looks terrific in the stockinette! Colors are great! Love it with that collar! I hope you'll include the directions for the various collars you mentioned when you post your notes/directions. Please! LOL

KnittNutt said...

OOOOOH!!!! I would really love to see your info on this. I am casting on my first BSJ now.

catsmum said...

Fabulous sweater James. The navy and white looks so crisp.
cheers
Susan aka Catsmum
from the Babysweater group

Emily said...

It looks fantastic, James! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I have two handsome little grandsons that would look great in your version of the BSJ!!! You are the man!!! I curtsy to your knitterly talent.

Donna

sandy said...

wonderful job~~ can't wait to see your notes and get one started~~
Keep those needles clicking

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful work! Looking forward to your write-up. Could you include info on how much yarn you used? Yardage would be most helpful, but weight would be better than nothing. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

can you post the pattern for BSJ step-by -step in stockinette st
Thank you in advance

Michaela

Luisa Styer said...

Do u translate in spanish pls? I love this knitting.but i dont understand the pattern. Can u do this step by step pls,? Txs so much.