Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Long Time, No Post

Hi There! No, I haven't disappeared nor have I been assimilated by the BORG (thankfully!) - just been busy knitting for charity and spinning my own yarn!! Yes, since my last post I've learned to spin on spindles and my Ashford Kiwi spinning wheel! I Love It! :o) There's still a Lot I need to learn, but the more I do it the better I get! If you're a spinner, check out the Paradise Fibers link on the right (just under my profile) for some great deals on wool! Even if you don't spin, they have some great deals on yarns and supplies, too! :o)


Okay, so what's new? Well, I finally quit resisting and gave in! No, not to the Borg - to Ravelry! I'm patiently awaiting my invite, but there are over 5,000 people ahead of me, so I don't expect it to come any time soon! :o)

Here's a slightly radical (!?!) idea I had: try making a dishcloth with nylon plastic canvas yarn instead of cotton! {ducking as you all throw your sharpest needles at me!} Seriously, though - just give it a try! I made one about 8½ months ago and it's still going like a champ! It's a lot lighter in weight than one made with worsted cotton and scrubs like a trooper, too! Don't get me wrong, I still love my cotton dishcloths, but the one made with nylon yarn scrubs pots and pans Much better and easier without scratching them! Can't beat that! :o)

Well, I guess that's all for now. I would like to say that I'll be more diligent and regular with my posting, but I can't guarantee it. :o) I will say that I'll try to post more often with updates on what I'm creating - whether it's spinning, knitting, crocheting or designing. Oh, and speaking of designing, I have 2 baby sweater patterns that I need to get finished up so I can get them posted here. I'm thinking they'll be very affordably priced at $3 each! :o)

4 comments:

catsmum said...

well at least when you DO get your ravelry invitation you will find lots of people that you know and/or that know you !
ps planning on trying your stockinette version for the next BSJ

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

ok where do you get that stuff to do the dishcloths? I have never tried and would love to! Huggs marion ps i would love to see pic of your spindles and your wheel!!!

Happy Knitter said...

I am curious do you mean like any run of the mill yarn (no insult intended to any yarn company) like Red Heart or Bernat or do you mean like a thin nylon rope?

Pandaman said...

Hi Happy Knitter,

The yarn I refer to is made by Needloft and is intended to be used for plastic canvas stitching. If you can't find it at your local Wal-mart, try doing a search on Google for "nylon plastic canvas yarn" (with the quotes!) and you should find several places where you can order it online. Hope this helps! :o)

James - Panda Man :o)